Wednesday, October 24, 2007

the good and good of it

everybody is just happy and welcomy about the real cool change happening ni houston for the past 2 days now.
when i went to have my morning hike yesterday, i finally was able to wear my New Zealand attire of jogging pants and the jumper as they call the sweater there. and my! it was so nice to walk with the fresh, really cool wind on my face..
i like it bec. it makes my cheeks red.
its really like im in america, ha,ha..

the good of it, is that people are calmer..
and the other good of it, is that its nice to reminisce on memories when youre calmer..
and i of course, reminisced about my Bohol.

i had fun last weekend with an old chum way back college days.
she is now a successful nurse here, with her engineer husband, they have this house in katy all to the 3 of them with many extra rooms for guests like me!
i loved the bed celeste prepared for me. it was like staying in Hampton Inn. bed was so soft, and i was surrounded by soft pillows, it was like sleeping in the clouds, ha,ha..
then, the shopping and the trip..
i experienced this rennaisance festival in Magnolia. it was fun seeing all those stalls and the people wearing customs..

i was laughing because i was thinking that if we had this in Bohol, we will look funny in those attires because of our colors.
but on the other hand, we can always remain as we are.. our simple selves. just happy to be such.

so what do i recall in association with it?
i remember trips in Cortes, going to the "market day" there on saturdays.
many many people with their wares and produce.
Rice, banan, young coconut, batong, kalabasa, alugbati, talong, sikwa, and of course, my favorite saging and the ginamos.. and i just love those puto they make out of rice that they mill, and the butong.. oh my..

so, the good and the good of it is that i get to meet my old friend and once more experience the benevolence of their kind boholano hearts, and then, i connect it with home..

No comments: